I have come across some of the funniest and weirdest insurance claims. Here are some of the top claims. Which one do you think is the funniest? What is the weirdest?
1) A pensioner, whose false teeth fell out while he vomited over the side of a cruise ship, put in a claim to his travel insurers for new dentures under “lost baggage”. The insurer paid up, heave ho, goodbye dentures, hello insurance claim.
2)Two holidaymakers in Devon, filed a claim for damage to the paintwork of their car after it was licked by a herd of cows. Imagine that scenario coming back to your car to be surrounded by cows, that find your car so delicious they start licking it. mooolicious!
3) We have all been there, on a beach burying things and forgetting where you put them. Another claims was filed because, Two children in Cornwall buried their parents’ video camera in the sand to prevent it from being stolen whilst they went swimming, but could not remember where. Thankfully, the insurers paid out.
4) One of the funniest claims I heard about is a man claimed in 2010 because a deer head-butted the windscreen of his car, after being enticed by the yellow tax disc.
5)Ever been distracted by attractive group of men or women, how about claiming for hurting yourself by staring and not looking where you were going?
This is what happened a few years ago for a gentlemen on holiday in Athens, embarrassingly he claimed he broke his nose when he walked into a bus shelter in Athens as he was distracted by the female volleyball team. The insurance company paid up for the hospital bills. How embarrassing!
6) Its all gone Coconuts!
A holidaymaker in Sri Lanka needed hospital treatment after a coconut fell on her head while she was reading in the shade below. Her insurer covered her medical expenses.
7) Wedding on fire! You have picked out the perfect wedding dress and the perfect location and want everything to go smoothly, imagine what happened next to the this couple.
A bride’s dream Caribbean wedding was ruined after her dress caught fire on the barbecue. The groom picked up his wife and threw her into the ocean. Thankfully, they had taken out wedding cover and were compensated for their ruined wedding outfits.
8) A skier who arrived in an Alpine resort only to find there was very little snow, claimed for the cost of the new skis she had bought before leaving Britain. Her claims were rejected.
9)We have all heard the term of monkeying around, this couple found out this term for themselves.
On their holiday in Malaysia,the couple returned to their lodge to find that monkeys had stolen their clothes and scattered them all across the neighbouring rainforest. Fortunately, their insurance company paid their claim.
10) What can go wrong on a camping holiday in Wales? Well this family found out for themselves the hard way.
When a parachutist from a nearby airbase landed on their tent, destroying their equipment.Unfortunately for them,Their insurer rejected their claims.
Awkward! Safe to say they wont be pitching their tent there again.
Funny Insurance claims -Quotes
These are real life quotes for claiming on there insurance.
“Going to work at 7 am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early..”
Q: Could either driver have done anything to avoid the accident? A: Travelled by bus?
The claimant had collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were – Q: What warning was given by you? A: Horn. Q: What warning was given by the other party? A: Moo.
(from F Paulos) – A client of mine claimed he broke his arm cycling to work when taking a short cut through a farm: “I came around a corner and was run off the road by a herd of guinea pigs…” (The farmer verified the claimant’s story. Apparently the farmer’s daughters’ pets had escaped and multiplied into plague proportions.)